Notice of Privacy Practices
Data Protection and Security
To strengthen the protection of personal data for EU citizens on 25 May 2018 the European Regulation and the new Federal Data Protection Act came into effect.
The privacy of your health information is important to us. We understand that your dental health information is personal and we are committed to protecting it. This Notice describes how we may use and disclose your protected dental health information.
What Data We Collect
- DEERS benefit Number
- All pertinent insurance information necessary to complete claims form
What We DO NOT Collect
- Social Security Numbers
- Credit Card Information
Uses and Disclosures of Dental Health Information:
- Data Processing- To create/store a file in our electronic dental database. Your information is stored on our servers and is password protected and follows encryption standards.
- Treatment-We use your health information to provide you with dental treatment or services, such as prescriptions, diagnosis, treatment plans, referrals, cleaning or examining your teeth or performing dental procedures.
- Payment- We may use and disclose your health information to obtain payment from health plans and insurers for the care that we provide to you.
- Health Care Operations-We may use and disclose your health information about you in connection with health care operations necessary to run our practice, including review of our treatment and services, training, financial or billing audits, legal matters.
- Appointment Reminders-We may use or disclose your health information when contacting you to remind you of a dental appointment. We may contact you by using a phone call, voice message or email.
- Disclosure to Family Members and Friends-We may disclose your dental health information to a family member or friend who is involved with your care or payment for your care if you do not object.
- Treatment Alternatives and Health Related Benefits and Services- We may use and disclose your health information to tell you about treatment options or alternatives or health-related benefits and services that may be of interest to you.
- Public Health Activities. We may disclose patient health information for public health activities and purposes, which include: preventing or controlling disease, injury or disability; and notifying a person who may have been exposed to a disease or may be at risk for contracting or spreading a disease or condition.
- Victims of Abuse, Neglect or Domestic Violence. We may disclose health information to the appropriate government authority about a patient whom we believe is a victim of abuse, neglect or domestic violence.
- Serious Threat to Health or Safety. We may disclose your health information if we believe it is necessary to do so to prevent or lessen a serious threat to anyone’s health or safety.
Written Authorization for Any Other Use or Disclosure of Your Health Information
We are required by law to:
- Maintain the privacy of your protected health information;
- Give you this Notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to that information;
- Abide by the terms of our Notice that is currently in effect.
Uses and disclosures of your protected health information not described in this notice will be made only with your written authorization, unless otherwise permitted or required by law. You may revoke this authorization at any time, in writing, except to the extent that this office has taken an action in reliance on the use of disclosure indicated in the authorization.
Should you have questions regarding the Data Protection in our practice, please contact our office:
Family Dental Practice
Dr. Tam Hager
Liebig Str. 1
Telephone: +49 631 41464960
(State Commissioner for Data Protection and Information Freedom)
Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschuty und die Informationsfreiheit Rheinland-Pfalz
Postfach 30 40
We Reserve The Right To Change The Terms Of This Notice At Any Time